I have taken an open source chess game for the web and modified it for use on an iPad. The original can be found at http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/webchess/index.php.
I used to have this setup in 2001-2003 and enjoyed it very much with a few of my friends. I felt it needed to be brought into the future for use on iPads.
Here is a short list of changes made and coming soon:
- Layout was re-designed to bring it up to current iOS 7 design standards.
- UI was re-designed to be more iPad user friendly.
- All new, more visually appealing chess pieces designed for this version.
- Email notification when your opponent makes a move, and soon, iOS notifications.
- Added verification prompts (I.E. Are you sure you want to undo?).
This is a great example of me taking a a site and updating it, making it look and work better, and more user friendly.